Objectives of the Project:
The overall aim of the project was to support the restoration of the Mau Forest ecosystem and create a sustainable basis for its conservation and management as a multiple asset system, to the benefit of local, national and international stakeholders. The activities took place in five Northern Mau Forest Blocks that include Tinderet North, Tinderet South, Nabkoi, Timboroa, and Londiani forest blocks.
● Identify appropriate framework for monitoring the identified environmental indicators
● Generate system specifications for the proposed EMS
● Design and develop a web-based EMS data management system with information sharing functionality.
● Undertake baseline characterization for all the components identified including forest carbon stocks
● Develop EMS user and system manual for field-based data capture, use, maintenance and administration of the EMS.
● Conduct institutional capacity gaps analysis
● Ensure compatibility of the designed system with existing information systems
● Share the outputs of the consultancy with relevant stakeholde