Objectives of the Project:
To improve the efficiency and sustainability of wood value chains in Northwest Rwanda.
• Baseline survey of cooperatives in Rwanda;
• Scope assessment of the Charcoal cooperatives in six districts using the SCOPE TOOL
• Capacity building and coaching of 500 cooperative members on entrepreneurship
• Develop business plans for the cooperatives to be supported.
• Train cooperatives and individual charcoal makers on green charcoal production technologies
• Develop legal text for green charcoal
• Support Rwanda Forest Authority (RFA) to develop and operationalize a Charcoal Traceability system.