Objectives of the Project:
● Support to the application of the SPS measures in the Horticulture Export Sector
● Launch of the National SPS Committee
● Capacity building on the use and control of Veterinary Medicine Products (VMPs)
● Capacity building on Good Hygiene Practices (GHPs) in Beef, Poultry, and Pork farms.
● A review of relevant background materials on the ECOWAS, including the ECOWAS Treaty and its Protocols related to free trade, free movement of persons;
● A targeted review of recent ECOWAS documents relating to migration within the Community;
● A review of other relevant literature, including those on trends and patterns on migration within the community;
● A review of common migration policies from other parts of the world
● With lessons drawn from the above, draft the ECOWAS Common Migration Policy;
● •The organization of a workshop to disseminate the content of the draft policy to stakeholders in the ECOWAS, including member states, the private sector, civil society, academia and the diaspora;
● Subsequently, to finalize the policy document, incorporating comments and outcomes distilled from the stakeholder workshop.